One of the worries I had when I first became pregnant was that baby-related topics would begin to dominate my life: I swore to never become one of those moms who blabbers on incessantly about kid stuff! But alas, that fear is already manifesting with each word I type here as I write my very first baby product post ever on Clossette. In my defense, though, this post is more of a service for other parents and parents-to-be searching for information on the Babyletto Hula crib, since there doesn’t seem to be much available on the interwebs yet. I first learned about this beautiful and eco-friendly oval crib at The Bump‘s adorable and educational Motherlode event last week, and am interested in it because:
– Its unique form factor looks a lot like the famous Stokke Sleepi crib but without the $799 pricetag
– Babyletto has a reputation for making eco-friendly products using renewable materials like sustainable New Zealand Pine. They also use lead and phthlalate-free finishes and have facilities equipped with solar panels and electric vehicle charging stations.
– It converts from a bassinet and (I believe) also to a toddler bed, but don’t quote me on that.
So yes, the Hula crib has many of the things that I’m looking for in a crib at a somewhat affordable price, but there’s one problem: it hasn’t been released yet. Furthermore, there are currently no specs available online, so I had to do a little digging to learn more about it. Here’s what I was able to find out about it so far (according to two different Babyletto representatives):
– Release date: Was set for 11/16, but has been delayed due to some holdups. According to the last rep I spoke to, the delay “shouldn’t be too long.”
– Price: $499, not including the crib mattress
– Babyletto will be making a special oval mattress specifically for the Hula, and it will be available in several different non-toxic options at different pricepoints
– Converts from a bassinet to a crib, and comes with a 1″ thick pad for the bassinet
– Will be available in two finish options: solid white or white with washed natural
– Measurements: 56″ long x 27″ wide x 35″ high
So if you’re a parent who is looking for a crib that has the same soft oval look as the Stokke Sleepi crib, but don’t want to pay the crazy price, the Hula could be exactly what you’re looking for! As long as you’re willing to wait a little while longer for it.