You might think that if you live in an urban apartment or low-light space you can’t have a green wall or vertical garden of your own, but weve got a new DIY Ikea hack makes it as easy as 1,2,3. All you need to make a living room divider like the one you see above is a few (we used 3, but you can use less or more) Ikea PS 2012 plant stands, some potted plants and about an hour of your time. The best part about this DIY is that everything is modular so you decide how many stands you want to use, and you can make your vertical garden as long as you like – you could even make it span your whole apartment. Another great perk is that the stands are all easily moveable so you can take your plants closer to the window during the day if you like and move them back at night or you can use them to create different configurations depending on what you need – a verdant dining nook, a wall around where you sleep or an herb garden in your kitchen. Scroll down and click on the pages below for the full tutorial.
Ikea PS 2012 Vertical Garden Room Divider
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 Ikea PS 2012 plant stands
- 9 small houseplants, vegetable plants or herb plants
- 9 containers or pots for your plants (Depending on how big they are, you can use your existing pots or if you don’t yet have pots, cylindrical plastic takeout containers work great)
- Something sharp to poke holes in your container with
- Soil (optional)
Remember, you can adjust the numbers we used here to create a larger or smaller room divider.
Click page 2 to keep reading.
Latest posts by Clossette (Posts)
- Rubbing my hair with a little lemon before stepping into the sun. Believe it or not this really works! - May 21, 2013
- Moss Green Tory Burch Crossbody Bag – SOLD OUT - May 21, 2013
- Now this is impressive! - May 21, 2013