Please excuse my Ashy Larry legs and beaten up TOMS wedges.
I’ve been rocking the black lace up leggings I got in Japan last summer for the past few days and noticed they’ve been creating quite a buzz – not necessarily all positive. Some people are intrigued by them, some baffled and a few girls have asked me where they can get a pair. Good question! I haven’t seen them outside of Japan – has anyone else? I guess like just about anything else in the world, they can probably be found on eBay, but if you want to refashion a pair of your old leggings and give them a little facelift, turning them into a pair of lace ups is the perfect beginner’s fashion DIY project.
YOU WILL NEED:
- pair of old leggings (3/4 length works best since part of your leg should be exposed to show the ribbon)
- long ribbons (I used two different kinds here to illustrate the crazy combos you can create but feel free to just use black leggings and black ribbon or whatever colors you like)
- needle and thread
Click on the “Pages” below to get to the next step.
Latest posts by Yuka (Posts)
- DIY: How to Make a Tidy Jewelry Holder Display Wall for Your Rings n’ Things - February 20, 2013
- How To Make Touchscreen Texting Gloves for iPhone or Droid - February 5, 2013
- Could a Fridge Triage Box Help You Stop Wasting Food and Money? - February 5, 2013